Tuesday, January 8, 2008

REGINALD BAYLOR, Wauwatosa, WI

"The Quintessential 1950's Family Sets the Stage" "Am I inspired by an early morning drive on the way to church in the mini-van with my wife of 15 years and my two sons, that, before Louis finishes serenading Ella, we’ve past the old boarded up abandoned ghetto into the plush sophisticated remains of everywhere else? ~ Am I a racist because I choose to segregate my colors with clear and divisible lines so that there will be no confusion about one’s place and purpose? ~ Maybe I should feel embarrassed that even while the sun shines through our dining room window, casting questionable shadows from a chair on the adjacent wall, that I sometimes feel more refreshed to stare at the hypnotic light coming from behind our computer or television screen. ~ Would it be correct to say that I’m motivated by the visual strength given from the standing forests of skyscrapers that seem to always overwhelm the abundance of nature? ~Because of 'this and that and that and this' I work. "
BIO
Reginald Baylor was born November 1966 in Milwaukee, WI. He attended the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (1984-88) majoring in fine art and art education with an emphasis in sculpture. After college, Reginald relocated to Southern California where he was married to his wife, Jill (1991) and worked for the Laguna Beach Art Museum and Newport Beach Art Museum (1991-93). In 1995, Reginald and his wife and two sons moved to Chicago, IL. There he began a career as and owner operator for Mason Dixon Trucking while continuing to produce original artwork. He returned to the Milwaukee area with his family in 1998 and is currently working from his studio at his home in Wauwatosa. He is represented by Suzanne Zada of Beverly Hills, CA and Bill DeLind of Milwaukee, WI.

No comments: